Update 0.17.0 Patch Notes
- 2nd Year Anniversary: Amusement Park Mode in Classic Erangel (Available March 12th)
- Royale Pass Season 12: 2gether We Play! (Available March 9th)
- Arctic Mode: Brand New Survival Experience (Available Soon)
- New AirDrop Weapon: DBS Shotgun
- New Arcade Mode: Return of Hardcore Mode
PUBG MOBILE will release an update starting from March 3rd; there will be no downtime. This update requires approximately a total of 1.69 GB of storage space on Android, and 1.95 GB of storage space on iOS. Players on different versions are unable to invite one another, so please update as soon as possible.
- 3 Day Anniversary Pan Skin
- Erangel - Amusement Park Mode (available from March 12th)
Players have a chance to enter Amusement Park Mode during Erangel matchmaking in Classic Mode, which includes:
- Amusement Parks: In this mode, old school amusement parks will appear randomly in three locations on the Classic Erangel map.
- Arcade Machines: Interactive Arcade Machines will be placed in the amusement parks and major towns, which can be activated with Tokens.
- Games and Attractions: Hunt Game, Space War, What's in the Box, Shooting Range, Trampoline and Reverse Bungee.
- Reverse Bungee + Wingsuit: High-rise Reverse Bungee machines will appear in the middle of the amusement parks. Players can be launched into the air to use their parachute and glide again.
- New AirDrop Weapon: DBS Shotgun
- DBS, a double-barreled shotgun that can only be obtained through AirDrops.
- The DBS has an internal magazine that holds 14 rounds of 12 Gauge ammo that can fire 2 shots each rack.
- The DBS will need to be racked from the magazine after 2 shots, which is faster compared to previous shotguns' reloading speeds.
- The DBS can be outfitted with the Holographic Sight, Red Dot Sight, and 2x - 6x Scope.
- Independent Teammate Volume Control
Now supports adjusting the voice volume of a single teammate in battle. Players can adjust volume according to their teammates' voices.
Added Universal Marks, which allow players to mark locations, supplies, vehicles, death crates and doors. When marking, the corresponding marks are displayed according to the different objects. Players can mark and respond to teammates' marks for quick communication. Preferred settings can be configured in Settings.
Added Death Replay, which allows players to watch how they were eliminated. Players can watch from the attacker's perspective for a certain time prior to their deaths.
Added Colorblind Mode in Graphics Settings, which provides more color options for in-game indicators, such as Poison, Smoke, and Auxiliary Lines.
New Arcade Mode Content:
Hardcore Mode can be selected in the Arcade Mode selection screen. In this mode, there are no sound prompts, manual actions are required like pick-up and opening/closing doors. All to give players a more realistic shooting and survival experience.
New EvoGround Content:
- Added Arctic Mode (coming soon)
Based on Classic Mode gameplay, arctic storms appear periodically in Vikendi. Players need to maintain their body temperature through various means, otherwise their health will continuously decrease when their body temperature is low.
Ways to maintain body temperature:
- Use a lighter to light a fire indoors and gather branches to add to the fire to increase heating time.
- Hunt chickens to acquire raw chicken and roast it on the fire, then consume the roast chicken to restore body temperature.
- Use items such as the heater or heat packs.
- Snowboards from the Winter Festival will also appear in this mode for players to enjoy snowboarding.
- Added Drones that can scout the surrounding area, leading to new tactics.
- EvoGround Gameplay Adjustments
Survive Till Dawn and RageGear - PickUp will be removed for further tuning after the update. Please keep an eye on the update notes for future release dates.
- Team Deathmatch - Camera Improvements
Improved the camera shaking and position adjustment in some situations in Team Deathmatch FPP mode to increase realism.
Royale Pass Season 12: 2gether We Play (available from March 9th)
- Celebrate the 2nd anniversary of PUBG MOBILE with Royale Pass reward upgrades. Choose one ultimate set out of two. Anniversary theme items are returning to the Shop. Don't miss out!
- Improved the Purchase and Upgrade interface display and added support for Exclusive Vouchers (available from events).
- Players who did not purchase a Royale Pass during the past 3 seasons (9, 10 and 11) and players who registered from season 10 but have not purchased a Royale Pass before will receive bonus benefits when they purchase this season.
System Features: Brothers in Arms Function
- Through Brothers in Arms, veterans with rich game experience will guide and play together with rookies in the game. Rookies can learn from the veterans and master the game quickly, while the veterans can receive great rewards.
- Players can enter the Brothers in Arms system and register as a Rookie or Veteran. Rookies send invitations to recommended Veterans, and Veterans who have enabled the Rookie Matching status will receive the invitation. The two will enter the battle after matching, which supports Classic mode rating calculations.
Anniversary Celebration (available from March 12th):
- Anniversary Celebration Event
- During the Anniversary Celebration, all players on the server work together to achieve the event goals and receive rewards.
- Individual Events allow players to claim rewards after completing the corresponding missions.
- Event rankings that grant players various rewards corresponding to their points ranking.
- Anniversary Celebration Achievements
- The Anniversary Cake collection achievement returns
- 2nd Anniversary new mini-game achievement
- Anniversary login exclusive achievement
Classic Mode Improvements:
- Slightly increased rifle burst mode rate of fire.
- M16A4 balance adjustment: Slightly increased burst mode rate of fire and increased vertical and horizontal recoil.
- Increased Mk47's single-shot damage from 46 to 48
- Classic Mode - Other Improvements
- Upgraded Dacia and UAZ models
- Modified the UZI model: added an upper guide for equipping the Red Dot and Holographic Sight
- Improved skydiving animation details, added parachute descending and disappearing effects when landing, and improved the character landing animation
- Control Settings - Custom Layout Improvements: Increased maximum button size adjustability to 250%
- Control Settings - New Custom Setting Feature: The left Fire button can be moved off of the edge of the screen as long as the center point of the button is on the screen
- Improved the Molotov Cocktail flame particle effect
- Improved the Frag Grenade blast effect on different surface materials
- Added player standby emotes on all maps in Classic Mode, for example, Shivering emote in Vikendi. The standby emote is only visible to the player and their teammates in battle.
- Added a second confirmation to the Reset button in Custom Settings to prevent players from resetting the layout by mistake.
- Removed the unnecessary virtual sound settings for vehicles. Fixed issues of Dacia idle volume being too low, Motorcycle idle volume being too high and Rony idle volume being too high.
Improved Bluetooth headphone latency on some Android models
- Improved vegetation and combat rendering efficiency for smoother gaming and lower power consumption
- Improved low-level logic and UI efficiency on some Android models for lower power consumption at the same frame rate
- Increased the combat frame rate of some low-end devices for a smoother gaming experience
- Further improved the power consumption of some mid to high-end devices
- Improved the frame length issue on some Android devices for smoother operating experience.
Added support for streamers, plush, neon streamers, and better UI and fabric effects.
- Players with 50 or higher Synergy can send Team Reservation messages to friends in the game.
- Players in the game can receive friends’ Team Reservation messages and choose to accept or decline.
- When the reserved player returns to the Lobby, the system will send a notification to the two to team up.
- Added high-value gift “Airplane” with additional playback effect in player Spaces.
- Added Message. Players can attach a message when sending Sports Cars or Airplanes, and the player who receives the message can perform Pin, Reply, Delete and other actions (Also added Block Message to Blacklist).
- Added a Send Popularity Gifts function to the battle results interface of Teammate Spectating, EvoGround, and Team Deathmatch modes.
- Synergy Feature Improvements
- Improve Synergy through teaming up with or gifting coins among friends.
- Some space gifts can also help improve Synergy upon sending to friends, which has no daily Intimacy increase limit.
- Adjusted the proportion of Synergy increasing when sending gifts in Shop.
- Fixed the issue of losing Connection application in some situations.
- Added chat item "Radio." Players can use Radio to post Radio messages with an exclusive effect on the World channel
- Players can receive Radio messages in the main menu or in the World 2channel, or choose to block the Radio channel in Settings
- Player and crew verifications are required for players participating in Crew Challenge. Players in a crew need to link social platforms or complete in-game missions to increase their and their crew's verification points. Only crews that meet the corresponding verification requirements can advance to each phase of the Crew Challenge.
- A fair and exciting game requires a safe environment. For Group and Finals phases, a security test is required before the game begins.
- Bonus Challenge - Tournaments
- Experience the thrill of advancement: Daily Match -> Weekly Match -> Monthly Match competitions! Monthly match champions will advance to the online finals and compete for the opportunity to enter the offline finals or to watch the global finals at the venue and see well-known players in action!
- Open daily to all: Six major divisions with matches every day
- Added a landing page for players to find interesting content easily
- Added Influencer & Crew options to the Video Center for players to follow their favorites, watch videos related to them, and send messages to them
- Other Improvements: Increased loading speed for smoother experience.
- Added Grenade kill broadcast
Added legendary Golden Grenade Finish with Death Broadcast
Added Close-Up View: The game will automatically switch to close-up view when players are trying on helmets, hats, glasses, masks, and backpacks
Improved the 7 Day Rookie Missions tutorials and rewards
- Removed the Graphics Quality Selection prompt in the tutorial.
- Changed the Tutorial options from three to two, and game type proficiency options from Shooting Game to Battle Royale Game
- Improved download status: When a download task is in the waiting queue, players can tap the task again to cancel the wait and restore the status to downloading.
- Reset Resources Pack and Map Expansion Pack rewards, which can be collected after downloading.