Global Arms Design Contest
1. No Purchase Necessary; Entry Instructions.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY MONEY IS NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED AND ON THE SKILL OF THE ENTRANT. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR WHERE REGISTRATION, BONDING OR LOCALIZATION REQUIRED. SUBJECT TO ALL NATIONAL, REGIONAL AND LOCAL LAWS.
This PUBG MOBILE Global Arms Design Contest (the “Contest”) is governed by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and the PUBG MOBILE’s EULA available at http://pubgmobile.proximabeta.com/terms.html (“EULA”). Other important details and requirements and conditions of participations for the Contest may be set forth on the page which linked to these Official Rules (the “Contest Page”) and through PUBG MOBILE’s official social media channels such as on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter. By posting or submitting an entry to the Contest, you are accepting the terms and conditions of participation on the Contest Page, these Official Rules, and the EULA.
The sponsor of this Contest is Proxima Beta Pte. Limited, a Singapore corporation with its registered office at 10 Anson Road #21-07 International Plaza, Singapore (“Sponsor”).
All entries must meet the following criteria:
a. Entries must be submitted according to the specifications set forth on the Contest Page.
b. Entries must be submitted through ways indicated on the Contest Page.
c. Entries must not previously have been publicly available prior to the commencement of the Contest.
d. Each entrant may submit a maximum of two entries.
e. Entries must be original and may not contain material that (a) is obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or violate any law; (b) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, contractual rights, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or any other rights of third parties; (c) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (d) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (e) is grossly harmful, racially or ethnically objectionable, disparaging, blasphemous, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, vulgar or offensive; (f) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (g) is violent, bullying, or threatening or promotes violence, money laundering or gambling, terrorism, or actions that are threatening or disrespectful to any person or entity; (h) harms minors in any way; or (i) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances.
f. Entries must follow the community guidelines and terms of service of the social media platform used for entry.
Sponsor may reject any entries that are found, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, to be in violation of these Official Rules.
2. Eligibility. All entrants must be (a) a legal resident of one of the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America (excluding Florida and New York); and (b) at least the age of majority in their state or country of their residence. Employees of Sponsor, Krafton, Inc., and their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The entrant must be a registered member with his or her or their own account with one of the social media channels, or, if applicable as provided on the Contest Page, use an email address to enter. Any additional eligibility requirements can be found on the Contest Page. In the event of a dispute as to any entrant, the authorized holder of the associated account, email address or user name will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized holder” is the natural person assigned an account, email address or user name by an Internet access provider, online service provider, social media channel or other organization responsible for assigning accounts, email addresses or user names. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized holder.
3. Contest Period. This Contest begins at 06:00 UTC+0 on December 7, 2021 and ends at 23:59 UTC+0 on February 17, 2022 (the “Contest Period”) as further set forth below. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. The Contest will be carried out in four Stages as further detailed below:
a. Submitting Stage: Time period: December 7, 2021, (06:00 UTC+0) to February 7, 2022, (23:59 UTC+0). During the Submitting Stage, players should find the Submit Now button on the Contest Page and complete the instructions on the form and submit your entry. Please provide your real information. Every player account is limited to 2 contest entries.
b. Judges Review Stage: Time period: February 6, 2022, (06:00 UTC+0) to February 9, 2022, (23:59 UTC+0). During the Judges Review Stage, a panel of Official PUBG MOBILE judges appointed by the Sponsor (“Judges”) will review the entries based on the judging criteria specified on the Contest Page and select a shortlist of finalist entries. Generally, all entries which meet the judging criteria and are not in violation of these Official Rules will be selected as a finalist entry. All finalist entries will win the Shortlist Award. The number of finalist entries will depend on the total number of eligible entries received and on the skill of the entrant. The finalist entries will be announced on the Contest Page. More details on the Shortlist Award can be found under the Awards Page.
c. Final Voting Stage: Time Period: February 10, 2022, (06:00 UTC+0) to February 16, 2022, (23:59 UTC+0). During the Finalist Voting Stage, the finalist entries will be voted by players in-game, and the entry from each category (upgraded firearms; other firearms) with the most votes will each win the Popularity Award. The next entries receiving the most votes in each category will also win awards: top 2-5 will each receive the Most Popular Top 2-5 Award and the top 6-10 will each receive the Most Popular Top 6-10 Award. More details on the Popularity Award, Most Popular Top 2-5 Award, and Most Popular Top 6-10 Award can be found under the Awards Page.
d. Results Stage: Time Period: February 17, 2022, (06:00 UTC+0). During the Results Stage, the Judges will evaluate all the finalist entries and select 1 winning entry from each category to win the Global Best Award (for a total of 2 Global Best Award winners). The Judges will also evaluate all the finalist entries and select 3 winning entries from each category to win the Most Creative Award (for a total 6 Most Creative Award winners). The winning entries of the Global Best Awards and Most Creative Awards will be announced at this time.
4. Winner(s). The number of winners of the Contest are as follows:
a. Global Best Award (2 winners – 1 from each category)
b. Popularity Award (2 winners – 1 from each category)
c. Most Creative Award (6 winners – 3 from each category)
d. Most Popular Top 2-5 Award (8 winners – 4 from each category)
e. Most Popular Top 6-10 Award (10 winners – 5 from each category)
f. Shortlist Award (dependent on the number of eligible entries; no upper limit)
In order to verify winners, Sponsor may require each winner to provide a valid ID.
Sponsor will attempt to notify winners by email, mail at the address associated with the winner’s entry form, and/or by other means consistent with the Contest.
Sponsor may contact winners in a language prominent in the country of entry of each such winner, or English.
Winners must respond to Sponsor within 96 hours after notification from Sponsor.
In the event a potential winner is disqualified, the prize will be given to the next entrant eligible to win a prize based on the judging criteria. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive or understand notification for any reason, including inactive account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner’s failure to adequately monitor any account. Winner, and any other individuals appearing in winner’s entry, may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and a publicity release. By entering this Contest or accepting any prize, each participant (including without limitation each honorable mention) allows Sponsor to use their name, photograph, likeness, voice, opinions, information, biographical information, hometown and jurisdiction of residence for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation where permitted by law. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s use of entrant’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and jurisdiction of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
5. Prizes. The Prizes for each Award are as indicated below. The prize(s) will be subject to the terms of the issuer. No substitution, assignment or transfer of the prize(s) is permitted, except by Sponsor, who has the right to substitute a prize with another of comparable or greater value. TAXES AND ANY OTHER COSTS, IF ANY, RELATED TO THE PRIZE ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
a. Global Best Award (2 winners – 1 from each category). Each winner will receive USD2,000 cash (or gift card equivalent).
b. Popularity Award (2 winners – 1 from each category). Each winner will receive USD2,000 cash (or gift card equivalent).
c. Most Creative Award (6 winners – 3 from each category). Each winner will receive USD1,000 cash (or gift card equivalent).
d. Most Popular Top 2-5 Award (8 winners – 4 from each category). Each winner will receive USD500 cash (or gift card equivalent).
e. Most Popular Top 6-10 Award (10 winners – 5 from each category). Each winner will receive USD300 cash (or gift card equivalent).
f. Shortlist Award (dependent on the number of eligible entries; no upper limit). Each winner will receive the in-game PUBG MOBILE purple outfit (approximate retail value of USD2).
6. List of Winner(s). Individuals may request the name of the winner(s) by submitting a self-addressed stamped envelope prior to 3 months from the end date to Proxima Beta Pte. Limited, Attn. PUBG MOBILE Global Arms Design Contest, 10 Anson Road #21-07 International Plaza, Singapore.
7. Conditions of Participation. By submitting an entry for this Contest, you agree to abide by these Official Rules and any decision Sponsor makes regarding this Contest, which Sponsor or its designees shall make in their sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law any participant or winner who, in Sponsor’s reasonable suspicion, tampers with Sponsor’s site, the entry process, intentionally submits more than the allowed entries, violates the Contest Page terms, these Official Rules or the EULA, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
8. Intellectual Property. Ownership of the pre-existing underlying intellectual property of the entrant remains the property of the entrant subject to Sponsor’s rights to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, and exhibit the entry for the purpose of administering and promoting the Contest and for Sponsor’s marketing and advertising purposes. By participating in the Contest, each entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable license, with the right to sublicense, to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, modify, remake, and exhibit (including the right to make derivative works of) the entry and materials and information submitted on and in connection with the Contest or use or receipt of the prize for any and all purposes in any medium. Each participating entrant hereby warrants that any entry and other materials and information provided by entrant are original with entrant and do not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, moral rights or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, and do not violate any rules or regulations. If the entry or information or materials provided by entrant contain any material or elements that are not owned by entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, entrant represents he or she has obtained, prior to submission of the entry and information or materials, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit use and exploitation of the entry and information and materials by Sponsor in the manner set forth in the Official Rules without additional compensation.
Each entrant warrants that the entry and materials and information provided do not contain information considered by entrant, its employees or personnel, or any other third party to be confidential, and that the entry, materials and information provided do not violate any laws or regulations. Entrant agrees that Sponsor has the right to verify the ownership and originality of all entries and that, upon Sponsor’s request, entrant must submit a written copy of any release or permission entrant has received from a third-party granting entrant the right to use such property. Entrant understands and acknowledges that in the event a submission is selected as a winning entry, and entrant’s ownership, rights and the originality of the entry cannot be verified to the satisfaction of Sponsor or is in any other way ineligible, Sponsor may select an alternate winner based on the same judging criteria.
Except to the extent prohibited by law, entrants waive the benefit of any “moral rights” or “droit moral” or similar rights in any country to any content that they upload, submit or otherwise provide to Sponsor associated with the Contest (“Entrant Content”). In addition, when an entrant creates, appears in, uploads, or posts Entrant Content, that entrant grants Sponsor a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, royalty-free, unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, license, with the right to sublicense, to such entrant’s name, likeness, and voice, including in connection with commercial or sponsored content. This means, among other things, that such entrant will not be entitled to any compensation from Sponsor, its affiliates, or its business partners if such entrant’s name, likeness, or voice is conveyed through the game or any related services, or on one of Sponsor’s business partner’s platforms.
9. Disclaimer, Release and Limit of Liability. SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ANY THIRD-PARTY SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS UTILIZED FOR THE CONTEST, AND THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/CONTEST AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANTS, PRINTING ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE CONTEST; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE CONTEST; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. If for any reason an entrant's Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a choosing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a choosing from all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Official Rules and the Contest are governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of Singapore without reference to choice of law rules. Any dispute, controversy, difference or claim arising out of or relating to this Contest or Official Rules, including the existence, validity, interpretation, performance, breach or termination thereof or any dispute regarding non-contractual obligations arising out of or relating to it shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”) under the Arbitration Rules of the SIAC in force at the time of delivery of the arbitration notice. The seat of this arbitration shall be Singapore. The arbitration proceeding shall be conducted in English. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorney’s fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief.
12. Languages. These Official Rules may be made in multiple language versions. In the event of a dispute as to the terms of different language versions, the English version shall prevail.
For any feedback or questions regarding these Official Rules, this Contest, winners, or prizes, you can contact Sponsor by sending an email to: email@example.com.