PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS MOBILE
Last Updated: July 14 2023
Thank you for using our products and services! We respect your concerns about privacy and appreciate your trust and confidence in us.
What information do we need to provide the Game Services?
If you register an account to use the Game then we will need some information from you to set this up. We will also process some information when you use the Game (e.g., to make sure your progress is saved) and when you buy items (e.g., to ensure you get the purchased content). If you choose to set up your Game profile using a social media account, we also collect information from that social media account. If you choose, you can provide certain other information to personalise the gaming experience and enable Game features, or participate in Game Services. If you choose to use the eSports Website, we will need your Game login credentials and other information, such as your email address, user and account information, and information to enable you to form or join teams and participate in eSport competitions for the Game. If you need to get in touch with us then we will also retain some information so that we can get back in touch with you and address any concerns. More Information.
How will we use your information?
We use your information to provide the many functions and services that comprise the Game Services. We also use your information for account verification, security purposes, to support and improve the Game Services, to process transactions as part of the Game Services, and to provide you with game updates. We do not disclose your information to any third parties, except where we need to in order to provide the Game Services (e.g., use local cloud providers or to back up your data; using our affiliates around the world to help us to deliver the Game Services) or monitor the success of our marketing and advertising programs, or where we are instructed to by a court, authority or compelled by law. More Information.
Who do we disclose your information to?
Where do we process your information?
Our servers are located in Russia (in the case of users located in Russia only), Singapore and the United States. Your information can be accessed from outside of where you live by our support, engineering and other teams around the world, including Singapore, the People’s Republic of China, Indonesia and the United States. More Information.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
How can I exercise my rights over my information?
Depending on where you live, you may have certain rights with respect to your information, such as rights of access, to receive a copy of your data, or to delete your data or restrict or object to our processing of your data. More Information.
How to get in touch with us
If you have any questions about anything in this policy, or want to exercise any rights you may have, please contact us here.
How will we notify you of changes?
UK Representative: Image Frame Investment (UK) Limited | Email: email@example.com
Serbia Representative: Karanovic & Partners o.a.d. Beograd. | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thailand Representative: Tencent (Thailand) Company Limited | Email: email@example.com
Türkiye Data Controller Representative: Özdağıstanli Ekici Avukatlık Ortaklığı. | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Özdağıstanli Ekici Avukatlık Ortaklığı is our data controller representative and its authority is limited to the authorities stipulated under the Law on Protection of Personal Data w. no 6698. Özdağıstanli Ekici Avukatlık Ortaklığı is not authorized for any other matters such as in-Game conduct, suspensions, investigations, civil or criminal complaints.)
Welcome to PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS MOBILE!
This Game has been developed by Proxima Beta Pte. Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”).
For the purpose of data protection laws, the data controller of your personal information in relation to the Game Services is Proxima Beta Pte. Limited. The registered address of Proxima Beta Pte. Limited is 10 Anson Road #21-07 International Plaza, Singapore.
Our data protection officer can be contacted at email@example.com.
Our representatives for data protection purposes in certain jurisdictions are as follows:
Proxima Beta Europe B.V.
Buitenveldertselaan 1-5, 1082 VA, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Image Frame Investment (UK) Limited
Suite 1, 3rd Floor, 11 - 12 St. James's Square, London, United Kingdom, SW1Y 4LB
Karanovic & Partners o.a.d. Beograd
Resavska 23, Belgrade, 11000, Serbia
Tencent (Thailand) Company Limited
8 T-One Building, Floor 10th, 11th & 12th (Unit 3-5), Soi Sukhumvit 40, Sukhumvit Road, Khwaeng Phra Khanong, Khet Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Özdağıstanli Ekici Avukatlık Ortaklığı.
Nidakule Ataşehir Kuzey
Begonya Sok. No:3 Kat. 17 D: 162
34746 Ataşehir / İstanbul, Türkiye
Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of your personal information: you can contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section describes the different types of personal information we collect from you and how we collect it. If you would like to know more about specific types of data and how we use that data, please see the section entitled “How We Use Your Personal Information” below.
The following is a high-level summary of the types of personal information we use:
1. Information you provide to us (either directly or through a third party).
You give us information about you when you register for the Game (your nominated nickname, and information we import from your connected social media account (WeChat, Facebook, QQ, VKontakte, Twitter, Google Play, Game Center or LINE) in order to set up your profile, including your name as it appears on your social media profile, your user ID and your profile picture). For certain regions, you may also be asked to provide us with your date of birth (stored device-side only) to verify your age and for administration of the gameplay management system. If you are located in certain regions, we may ask you to provide an email address for the purpose of verifying parental or guardian consent to use the Game services if you are under the relevant minimum age. You also provide us with information when you set up your profile for the Game (including region location and information you voluntarily elect to provide in order to customise gameplay, such as gender) or your nickname when you log-in as a ‘guest’ in order to use the Game.
Once a Game account is set up, you may also choose to provide us with your mobile phone number or email address and a password, which you may select yourself for these purposes. These will be bound to your account (once verified by way of a verification code we will send to you) for the purposes of enabling login by email or mobile phone number. If you choose to bind your phone number or email address with your account, you will have the option to login via your mobile phone number or email address and we will access your phone number or email address to verify you as a user without you having to enter a validation code or password every time you login. If you choose to bind your phone number, you can also enable two-factor authentication. Once enabled, we will verify additional data for authentication if you log in from a new device. If you choose to bind your email address, we will send an account security alert to your email address if we detect any suspicious activity. If you need to recover your account, we will ask you questions to verify your identity. If you would like to be featured on leaderboards, you will also be asked to bind your mobile phone number. For certain regions, we will ask you to bind your telephone number with your account when you change your location setting.
In addition, you may choose to provide your location (province and city) to use region-specific features, for example, our Battle Zone Leaderboard, People Nearby, Regional Chat Channel and birthday features. If you would like to use our birthday features, you may provide your birthday (month and day) and location. You may add your in-game weapon preferences, game mode preferences, voice chat preferences, audio self-introduction and any other information to your calling card and share your calling card and QR code with other players, if these functions are available in your region. You also provide us with information when you participate in a survey in the Game (in which case we will process the information you provide to us as part of the survey, including country, age, gender, profession and email address). When you participate in one of our sweepstakes events, which may be conducted in-Game, on our Website or otherwise, you provide us with information including email address, user ID, phone number, mailing address and country; when you register for a tournament, we will collect your name, email address, country/region and user ID; and when you register for an e-sports event, we will collect your team name, registration region, team logo, your name, nationality or residency, email address, Discord ID (if applicable) and user ID. If you qualify to attend in person an e-sports event, we will also ask you for your ID or passport information, date of birth, gender, home address, phone number, photo and social media profile. If you participate in tournaments or e-sports events, we will use your user ID, nickname, battle videos and audio and video recordings during matches to validate that you are the correct Game user, to investigate any allegation of cheating and for marketing and promotion. If you are suspended from participating in tournaments or e-sports events for cheating or otherwise violating tournament or e-sports event rules, we use your name, Game nickname (including variations) and day and month of birth to enforce the suspension and may publish your nickname, the reason for the suspension and the duration on our Websites or social media channels. If you participate in one of our game-based events, to send you digital prize(s) if you win such prize(s), we will process your email address and telephone number; to deliver physical prize(s) if you win such prize(s), we will process your name (as shown on your passport), email address, telephone number, mailing address and postal code; and if you share the event with your friends, we will process your friends list.
You provide us with your telephone number and/or email address and/or associated social media account information if you choose to receive information on our game updates via email and/or SMS and/or social media. Where applicable to your region, you provide your email address if you choose to receive information on our game promotions via email. You also provide information when you interact with a Q&A function or with our customer service team, including your contact information, any questions and images you submit and your social media platform information. For data subject requests, we collect information to verify your identity, your rights and to process the requests, including country/region, name, user email address, screenshot of user ID and user nickname, user ID, account registration date, login method, user nickname of linked social media account, account UC balance, account BP balance, request details, any other information necessary to verify your identity, and if the request is made by a requestor on your behalf, name of requestor, email address of requestor, requestor's relationship with you, proof of your identity and requestor's authority.
If you use the eSports Website, we need your Game login credentials to enable you to access eSports Website, your user registration information and account binding information to allow you to register as a player on the eSports Website and to participate in eSports events and team information to facilitate formation of teams.
If you would like to participate in Website events (if available in your region), we use your social media account information or email address to set up your account and your event registration information to register you for an event. If you win a prize at a Website event, we use your hashed nickname to announce your win and, in case of (i) an in-Game prize, your user ID to deliver your prize; and (ii) a physical prize, your contact information to deliver your prize.
2. Information about you generated as part of the Game Services
We automatically collect certain data from you when you use the Game Services, namely your user ID, country/region, nickname, language, IP address, device information (such as application version, battery level, WiFi strength, available space, network type, OS version, platform, carrier, country code, series ID, Android ID, IDFV, XID (if you are a guest user, generated from your existing device information, model, manufacturer, Android ID), WiFi SSID (stored device-side only) and time zone settings), registration time, login time and status, battle and performance information, and information regarding your use of the Game Services, such as date and time stamps of actions. We also collect and store your data:
· each time you interact with us, for example, when you use in-app or in-Game support to communicate with us;
· if you choose to log in using a social media service, we import the social media user ID and name of the friends (and in the case of Facebook, their Facebook nickname and profile picture) from your social media profile so that you can connect with your friends, invite them to team up and share game activities with your friends;
· if you click on a link that advertises the Game, we store the Advertising ID for that advertisement and select device information with your profile;
· if you enable chat services (audio and/or text and use them whether inside or outside a battle) then we will process such data in order to deliver your messages to other users;
· if you conduct any transactions within the Game or via a third party other than Google Play or iOS App Store, we collect information to facilitate your transaction and to maintain transaction records (including user ID, country and user information, cost, currency, product purchased, purchase history, IP address, details of transactions linked to user ID, and device details such as IDFV, network type, network monitoring data, client exports IP, SDK version, application version, OS version, phone model or type of device, internet connection) and use transaction identifiers to detect fraud;
· if you request for a refund, we use your transaction ID, delivery status, consumption status, refund recommendation and user account flag to help inform and improve the refund process;
· if you change your location setting, we use your IP address to suggest your current location;
· if you have poor network connection, we collect your routing information to analyse the cause to allow you to play the game;
· if you qualify for a tournament, we use your user ID to invite you to participate;
· if you take an in-Game screenshot, we process such data (device-side only) to facilitate your sharing of the screenshot on social network;
· if you enable our highlights replay function, we use your Game operation records, nickname, profile picture and ranking information to provide highlights replay videos that you can share;
· if you are a highly-ranked player, your battle replay video may be featured as part of the highlights showcased from time to time in-Game;
· if you choose to participate in our Beta test, the following information is used to verify your eligibility: your login credentials, user ID, account type, Game level, frequency of use of Game, whether your Game account is bound to a Beta test account, and whether you have cheated in the Game;
· for users in certain regions, if you participate in a group photo event, we process the photo you upload (processed device-side only), the photo generated (processed device-side only), your user ID and your election to share the photo generated;
· for users in certain regions, if you create or join clans, share or view picture, text or video content, comments or other posts, create or join custom matches, tag content, follow creators, give or receive gifts or otherwise use or customize the Club features: (i) we process your user ID, avatar, rank, country and region, province, city, language, nickname, friends list, joined clans, game title, custom room game data, eligibility tag, gift records, popularity, game props owned and bookmarked, follows, picture, text and video content, likes, comments or other posts you share publicly in the Club or with other clan members, social media links and creator profile and statistics; (ii), we will process your user ID, social media account nickname and content if you choose to showcase content posted on your social media account in-Game; (iii) our content audit feature will detect if any picture, text and video content you share in the Club or with other clan members contains pornography or other content that violates the Community Guidelines or the End User License Agreement and remove content in such cases; (iv) we will process your user ID, carrier, network type, WiFi status, device model, operating system, operating system version, frame rate, page load time, memory information, exception error and stack, exception log to optimize the performance of the Club functions and provide a better user experience;
· if you apply to be reviewers of user-generated content, we process your nickname, user profile, user ID and Facebook ID;
· if you share replay videos with your friends on your Moments page, we process your nickname, avatar and any replay videos generated with game operation records that you share;
· if you add event schedule information to your system calendar, this is provided device-side only;
· for users in certain regions, when you are using the Game Services, we collect your daily cumulative gameplay time and your daily rest time to prevent gaming addiction;
· for users in certain regions, we collect your game data, performance data and user preference information to understand your skill levels and preferences, and provide a better user experience;
· if you contact our support team or use our Q&A function, we collect information including name (optional), user ID, nickname, country/region, device ID and other device information, login channel ID, application version, SDK version, battery level, WiFi strength, free space on device, IP address, network type, OS version, browser type, Game server, platform, carrier, country code, language, source of ticket, details of ticket, number of visits, social media platform information, ID and nickname (if used to login to the Game), profile picture, birthday (day and month), account status (whether an account is suspended and if so, since when, reason for the suspension and game statistics), email address (optional if in-app/in-Game support), phone number (optional), registration time, VIP level, game duration, historical records, items, currency, penalties, logins, activities, recharge, purchases, in-game friend relationships, game match data and any question or information that you provide in your communications. You also have the option of providing a photo to illustrate any errors;
· when you enter specific pages (such as the contact page), when you click on certain features (such as to chat or buttons to submit requests or ratings), when you submit related information (such as ratings) and when you view pages and read messages;
· when you are using the Game Services our security feature collects (in addition to the categories of data listed above) device information including OAID, IDFV, Android ID and available memory; and a list of installed APK and running apps;
· when you are using the Game Services, our security and anti-cheating security features (i) monitor users to identify and observe cheating behaviour; (ii) collect (in addition to the categories of data listed above) user’s in-Game instructions to generate an in-Game behavior video clip of suspected cheating behaviour for our review; (iii) detect if your profile picture is related to the sale of plug-ins or pornographic content and change it to a default profile picture if this is the case; (iv) identify abuse, harassment, the sale of plug-ins or other conduct in violation of our End User License Agreement and restrict your use of the chat functions where you have engaged in any of the foregoing if this is the case as well as, if applicable to your region, improve tools used for this; (v) detect if your signature, nickname, profile photo, free text, chat history or audio self-introduction contains malicious information or other content that violates local laws or the End User License Agreement and to block the content or change it to its default setting and prompt you to change it subsequently, as applicable; (vi) detect if you are usin