PUBG MOBILE GLOBAL OUTFIT DESIGN CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
1. No Purchase Necessary; Entry Instructions.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY MONEY IS NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED AND ON THE SKILL OF THE ENTRANT. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR WHERE REGISTRATION, BONDING OR LOCALIZATION REQUIRED. SUBJECT TO ALL NATIONAL, REGIONAL AND LOCAL LAWS.
This PUBG MOBILE Global Outfits Design Contest 2021 (the “Contest”) is governed by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and the Sponsor’s EULA available at http://pubgmobile.proximabeta.com/terms.html (“EULA”). The participation rules and more details for the Contest are available at the page which linked to these Official Rules (the “Contest Page”) available at https://www.pubgmobile.com/event/ingame_global_design_contest_2021/. . By posting or submitting an entry, you are accepting the rules of the Contest, the Official Rules and the EULA.
The sponsor of this Contest is Proxima Beta Pte. Limited, a Singapore corporation with its registered office at 10 Anson Road #21-07 International Plaza, Singapore (“Sponsor”).
All Entries must meet the following criteria:
a. All entrants must be at least the age of majority in their state or country of their residence.
b. Entries must be submitted through ways indicated on the Contest Page.
c. Entries must not previously have been publicly available prior to the commencement of the Contest.
d. Each entrant may submit a maximum of [two] entries.
e. Entries and posts may not contain material that (a) is obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or violate any law; (b) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, contractual rights, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or any other rights of third parties; (c) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (d) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (e) is grossly harmful, racially or ethnically objectionable, disparaging, blasphemous, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, vulgar or offensive; (f) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (g) is violent, bullying, or threatening or promotes violence, money laundering or gambling, terrorism, or actions that are threatening or disrespectful to any person or entity; (h) harms minors in any way; or (i) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances.
f. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entry for any reason.
2. Eligibility. Employees of Sponsor, Krafton, Inc. and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The entrant must be a registered member with his or her own account with one of the social media channels, or, if applicable as provided on the Contest Page, use an email address to enter. Any additional eligibility requirements can be found on the Contest Page. In the event of a dispute as to any entrant, the authorized holder of the associated account, email address or user name will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized holder” is the natural person assigned an account, email address or user name by an Internet access provider, online service provider, social media channel or other organization responsible for assigning accounts, email addresses or user names. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized holder.
3. Contest Period. This Contest begins at [06:00 UTC+0] on [10st July 2021] and ends at [23:59 UTC+0] on [9th September 2021] (the “Contest Period”) as further set forth below. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. The Contest will be carried out in four Stages as below:
a. Submitting Stage: Time period: [10st July 2021], (06:00 UTC+0) to [25th August 2021], (23:59 UTC+0). During the Submitting Stage, entrants can fill out the form and submit the entries via the Submit Now button on the Contest Page.
b. Judges Review Stage: Time period: [26st August 2021], (06:00 UTC+0) to [30th August 2021], (23:59 UTC+0). During the Judges Review Stage, Sponsor and its designated judges will review the entries and select the shortlisted entries for the Shortlist Award. Sponsor and its designated judges will select three winning entries of the First Round Reward from the shortlisted entries for each participating region. The Shortlist Award and the First Round Award will be announced on the Contest Page and in the official groups during this stage.
c. Final Voting Stage：Time Period: [1st September 2021], (06:00 UTC+0) to [ 8th September 2021], (23:59 UTC+0). The shortlisted entries will be put on the in-game voting page and be voted on by players with the most voted entry winning the Popularity Award. The Popularity Award and other relevant prizes will be announced on the Contest Page and in the official groups during this stage.
d. Results Stage: Time Period: [9th September], (06:00 UTC+0) to [9th September] (23:59 UTC+0) . Sponsor and its designated judges will evaluate all shortlisted entrants and select 3 winners to receive the Most Creative Award. The Most Creative Award will be announced on the Contest Page and in the official groups during this stage.
4. Prizes. The prizes for winning the Contest are as indicated on the Contest Page and will be given out within 3 months upon the announcement of each Award. The prize(s) will be subject to the terms of the issuer. No substitution, assignment or transfer of the prize(s) is permitted, except by Sponsor, who has the right to substitute a prize with another of comparable or greater value. TAXES AND ANY OTHER COSTS, IF ANY, RELATED TO THE PRIZE ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
5. Winner(s). Sponsor will select the number of winners as indicated on the Contest Page. The winner(s) of the Contest will be determined based on the judging criteria specified on the Contest Page. Judging will be done by Sponsor or its designees.
In order to help verify winners, Sponsor may require each winner to provide other information or perform other actions such as sending a selfie holding a valid ID.
In order to verify winners, Sponsor may require each winner to provide a valid ID.
Sponsor will attempt to notify winners by email, mail at the address associated with the winner’s entry form, and/or by other means consistent with the Contest.
Sponsor may contact winners in a language prominent in the country of entry of each such winner, or English.
Winners must respond to Sponsor within 96 hours after notification from Sponsor.
In the event a potential winner is disqualified, the prize will be given to the next entrant eligible to win a prize based on the judging criteria. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive or understand notification for any reason, including inactive account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner’s failure to adequately monitor any account. Winner, and any other individuals appearing in winner’s entry, may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and a publicity release. By entering this Contest or accepting any prize, each participant (including without limitation each honorable mention) allows Sponsor to use their name, photograph, likeness, voice, opinions, information, biographical information, hometown and jurisdiction of residence for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation where permitted by law. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s use of entrant’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and jurisdiction of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
6. List of Winner(s). Individuals may request the name of the winner(s) by submitting a self-addressed stamped envelope prior to 3 months from the end date to Proxima Beta Pte. Limited, Attn. PUBG Mobile Global Outfit Design Contest 2021, 10 Anson Road #21-07 International Plaza, Singapore.
7. Conditions of Participation. By submitting an Entry for this Contest, you agree to abide by these Official Rules and any decision Sponsor makes regarding this Contest, which Sponsor or its designees shall make in their sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law any participant or winner who, in Sponsor’s reasonable suspicion, tampers with Sponsor’s site, the entry process, intentionally submits more than the allowed entries, violates the Contest Page terms, these Official Rules or the EULA, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
8. Intellectual Property. Ownership of the pre-existing underlying intellectual property of the entrant remains the property of the entrant subject to Sponsor’s rights to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, and exhibit the entry for the purpose of administering and promoting the Contest and for Sponsor’s marketing and advertising purposes. By participating in the Contest, each entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable license, with the right to sublicense, to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, and exhibit (including the right to make derivative works of) the entry and materials and information submitted on and in connection with the Contest or use or receipt of the prize for any and all purposes in any medium. Each participating entrant hereby warrants that any entry and other materials and information provided by entrant are original with entrant and do not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, moral rights or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, and do not violate any rules or regulations. If the entry or information or materials provided by entrant contain any material or elements that are not owned by entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, entrant represents he or she has obtained, prior to submission of the entry and information or materials, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit use and exploitation of the entry and information and materials by Sponsor in the manner set forth in the Official Rules without additional compensation.
Each entrant warrants that the entry and materials and information provided do not contain information considered by entrant, its employees or personnel, or any other third party to be confidential, and that the entry, materials and information provided do not violate any laws or regulations. Entrant agrees that Sponsor has the right to verify the ownership and originality of all entries and that, upon Sponsor’s request, entrant must submit a written copy of any release or permission entrant has received from a third-party granting entrant the right to use such property. Entrant understands and acknowledges that in the event a submission is selected as a winning entry, and entrant’s ownership, rights and the originality of the entry cannot be verified to the satisfaction of Sponsor or is in any other way ineligible, Sponsor may select an alternate winner based on the same judging criteria.
Except to the extent prohibited by law, entrants waive the benefit of any “moral rights” or “droit moral” or similar rights in any country to any content that they upload, submit or otherwise provide to Sponsor associated with the Contest (“Entrant Content”). In addition, when an entrant creates, appears in, uploads, or posts Entrant Content, that entrant grants Sponsor a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, royalty-free, unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, license, with the right to sublicense, to such entrant’s name, likeness, and voice, including in connection with commercial or sponsored content. This means, among other things, that such entrant will not be entitled to any compensation from Sponsor, its affiliates, or its business partners if such entrant’s name, likeness, or voice is conveyed through the game or any related services, or on one of Sponsor’s business partner’s platforms.
9. Disclaimer, Release and Limit of Liability. SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ANY THIRD-PARTY SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS UTILIZED FOR THE CONTEST, AND THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/CONTEST AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANTS, PRINTING ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE CONTEST; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE CONTEST; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. If for any reason an entrant's Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Official Rules and the Contest are governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China. Any dispute, controversy, difference or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, including the existence, validity, interpretation, performance, breach or termination thereof or any dispute regarding non-contractual obligations arising out of or relating to it shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (“HKIAC”) under the HKIAC Administered Arbitration Rules in force when the Notice of Arbitration is submitted. The seat of this arbitration shall be Hong Kong. The arbitration proceeding shall be conducted in English. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorney’s fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief.
12. Languages. These Official Rules may be made in multiple language versions. In the event of a dispute as to the terms of different language versions, the English version shall prevail.